Enhance your Immune System with Immunity Boosting Foods
Immunity is considered to be the number one defense mechanism of the body and by incorporating the following essentials to your regular diet, will help you enhance your immune system.
- Indian Spices & Seasoning: Owing to their antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, Indian spices and seasoning ingredients protect your body from different pathogens that cause diseases. Include garlic, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon and fenugreek seeds in your diet. You should have garlic in raw form, 1-2 cloves in the morning as once the garlic gets cooked, it loses the disease fighting properties. You can ginger in the morning with boiled water with a few drops of lemon juice. You can make seasoning powder of cinnamon and black pepper and the same can be added to the curd. Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and drink the water along with the seeds in the morning.
- Vitamin C: It has healing properties and is prescribed during common cold and flu as it increases the number of White Blood Cells which protect our body from infections. Incorporate Vitamin C rich foods like lime, lemon, kiwi, sweet potato and oranges in your diet.
- Vitamin D: Also known as the sunshine vitamin, Vitamin D can be gained by being in the sunlight daily for 15-20 minutes or with the intake of Vitamin D rich foods like eggs, mushrooms, fortified cereals and more.
- Zinc: It is known for healing the wounds as it helps in development and functioning of cells that boost the immune system. Zinc rich foods are whole grain cereals, legumes, almonds, seeds and cashews.
- Selenium & Vitamin E: They have antioxidant properties and prevent cell damage by promoting cell growth. Brown Rice, peanuts, banana and spinach are Vitamin E and selenium rich foods. banana, spinach
- Probiotics: most of the infections happen through our gut system and probiotics help in healing the gut system as they strengthen and boost the healthy bacteria in the gut system. You can have curd, yogurt, soy milk or even Indian breakfast items such as Idli or Dhokla to get a load of probiotics.
- Green Tea: It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that decrease the stress level by calming the body and mind. You can have one glass each in the morning and evening as it also helps in detoxification.
- Water: It cleans your body by flushing toxins and one must always be well hydrated. One should have 50 ml per kg water as per your body weight daily to ensure hydration and purification of the body.
Sleep is also an essential factor contributing to a better immunity and one should have a minimum of 7 hours of sleep everyday. Enhancing or boosting immunity is not a single day task it takes dedication to have better immunity and optimum health.
At Organic Roots, we provide various meal boxes with organic ingredients aimed at enhancing your immunity and giving a healthier snacking option.